Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I hope this book has pictures of the author...LOL!

So Tamara has picked our next book.  We are stepping away from the Fiction world into the land of Self Help!  We are reading How to Get Out of Your Own Way by Tyrese Gibson, and Lord please let him have included some picutures of himself!  Check out the synopsis below:

Actor, singer, songwriter Tyrese Gibson crafts a memoir filled with every emotion and life experience one could possibly imagine. With personal experiences paired with reflective questions based on his extremely popular blog piece, "The Love Circle", Tyrese hopes to inspire readers to pursue their dreams and not let life's obstacles stand in the way.

HOW TO GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY is organized into a series of fundamental questions that helped Tyrese redefine who he was as a human being, and evolve into a new man. Tyrese stresses that life becomes infinitely richer when one takes the time to know him or herself and understand the true meaning of peace and fulfillment. This book is a guide to helping yourself, using his experiences as a learning tool. "It's not about talking down to people, it's about elevating them," Tyrese says. 

Some of Tyrese's chapter-based questions include: How much do you love yourself? How much do you want for yourself? Why do men cheat? What is your bottom line? Are you ready for the next level?

Ooohhhh.  And there he is...But really, I am interested to hear what the brother has to say too.  Meeting is set for September 16th!  Let' go!

2 comments:

  1. I finally started reading and joined the blog. I feel like I'm all geared up and ready to go! Thanks for creating the blog Shay!

    I finally watched the Joy Luck Club and I'm happy I read the book. I think the book and the movie helped me put the whole story together. I would've never read the book or heard of the movie without the book club.

    Tyrese is so cute!!! I've stated before that I usually don't read non-fiction books. So, I'm happy Tamara is pulling me out of my comfort zone. I just finished his note to the youth and I just want to say thanks Tyrese for being real. I know he won't reach all kids with that message but it was well worth the print if he can change at least one kid. I'm ready to see what else he has in store for us in this book!

    Sorry I missed "The Help" today. I'm hoping to watch it next weekend. It has stirred a lot of controversy including some Mississippi natives being upset with the actors' comments about the state. I'm trying to stay tuned to the latest and greatest and see what happens next with the author. I think she has more to come.

    Okay, I think I've talked more than enough...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So after reading the book, it was just....OK. Maybe it would have helped if he did have some picutres in there! LOL

    ReplyDelete