Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm Going In!

So I started reading The Help on Saturday.  I've gotten back into the habit rather easily, reading in the bed, reading on the sofa, ignoring my poor husband cause I'm reading.  Reading and reading.  Matter of fact, I'm on page 160 something or another.  I've already formed some kind of bond with the characters.  Have you?  I like Aibeline just cause, I love Minny because she's way too funny, and the jury is still out on Sketter.  That figures... So here are a few questions to contemplate to youself for further discussion:

1.  Who is your favorite character and why?

2.  Knowing that racism is embeded in fear, who do you think are more racisist the black ladies in the novel or the white?

3.  What's the difference between racism and prejudice?

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. OK. I guess I didn't reply to this like I thought I did yesterday, but I just finished reading this book yesterday morning on my day off. It was a pretty good read. I actually like all of the characters. If I had to pick just one, I would say I could most relate to and understand Skeeter. She was a young woman coming into her own wanting to do her own thing, but still trying to please everyone else at the same time. Can't wait for our meeting!

    ReplyDelete